At present the most profitable work

Friday, January 20, 2012

Instant Online Insurance Quotes - Where Are They?

In an era of easy online shopping, you can find just about any product while sitting in the comfort of your own living room. I was looking for burial insurance one day, don't ask, and wanted to get an online insurance quote in an instant. I wanted to gather information first as well as compare prices from at least two or three sources. I naively thought it would take not even an hour. Like many consumers, I shop online because it is convenient, quick and easy... supposedly. Search, point and click. That's what we...,I..., want to do when purchasing anything. For me, the decision on whether or not to purchase a particular insurance depends not only on the quote I receive, but how fast I can get the information I need. Now I am a fairly trusting person, so when I look at a site and see that I can get instant insurance quote online, that is what I am looking for.

Buying Insurance Online

If one of the benefits of having insurance is to give you a measure of security and peace of mind, then shouldn't agencies who sell insurance online begin to extend those feelings during the buying process? Well,I came away from the buying process frustrated consumer. Let me explain why. I felt the majority of online insurance agencies were using this instant quote thing as a hook just to get you to their site. Maybe they are trying to weed out the consumers who are serious about purchasing from the ones who are not, but I was naive enough to think that I would actually get an online price quote...I wish I wasn't so trusting.

The Process of Buying Insurance

Here are the requirements you need to get a quote for insurance, And it did not happen in an instant:


•Page 1-start quote ...name and the zip code where you live,
•Page 2-applicant info...gender, marital status, tobacco usage, relationship to applicant, date of birth, height, weight, coverage amount
•Page 3-background information...do I have...relatives with,heart disease or cancer, am I taking prescription medications, being treated by a physician, or have I been hospitalized..then a checklist of any medical diagnosis I may have from HIV/AIDS, to Stroke, to Vascular Disease
•Page 4- address, zip code, city, state, phone number, time and day that is best for them to contact me. Submit Quote Request
•Page 5- Thank You for your request...Someone will contact me shortly with the best bids for my insurance...yada,yada, yada.

Is there Such a Thing as an Instant Insurance Quote?

So where are the instant quotes? Well there are a few, a scarce few, insurance agencies that will actually provide you with a quote as well as the information you need before you leave their site. No waiting for someone to call you on the phone, or getting an email sent, that may end up in the bulk folder. I can't provide you with the exact names of the companies, but let me say that there are a few agencies, out there in cyberspace, with the integrity to give you what they say they will, an instant insurance quote. You just have to look for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment